In 1871 the third Parish Priest of Inverell, Fr John Kelly and the first Bishop of Armidale, Bishop Timothy O’Mahony, dedicated and officially opened the newly built Inverell Catholic Church. This building stood on the land now occupied by the Inverell Shire Council offices’ carpark in Otho Street.
Upon completion, records show the church was descibed as “beautifully situated as regards health and scenery” and “a credit to the town“.
In October, 2018, Sacred Heart Parish will celebrate it’s 150th year. ADIG was honoured to be a part of this wonderful achievement and celebrate with Frs Roel Llave and Thaddeus Iki.